We present key elements of our medium-term business plan for fiscal years ending March 31, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
1. Pursue sustainable growth in domestic businesses
- The Group’s main domestic businesses, including the credit business, will strive to realize further operational efficiencies and productivity enhancements, while strengthening cooperation between businesses and within the Group. Underpinned by these efforts, we will aim to expand earnings.
- We see expansion of the payment market as a growth opportunity. By committing resources to the card and payment business, we will strengthen our product development capabilities and the structure for promoting this business. Through the provision of a diverse lineup of payment services, we will seek to expand the business.
2. Accelerate growth in overseas business
- In our overseas business—one of the main drivers of Group growth—we will work to further expand profits in Vietnam, Indonesia and the Philippines, and build a business base in Cambodia and other new markets that we enter. These efforts will be designed to expand our business in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member countries.
- At overseas affiliate companies, by developing internal control systems and undertaking measures to strengthen corporate governance, we are working to build a sound Group management system. In addition, we will reinforce JACCS’ support posture in such areas as information systems and accounting.
3. Enhance productivity while strengthening the Group’s platform for growth
- Through strengthened cooperation with MUFG, we will strive to further reinforce our management foundations, including our earnings base and financial base.
- We will expand our top line through continuous investment in IT, and accelerate operational efficiency gains through the utilization of artificial intelligence (AI) and other technologies. Through cost-structure reforms on a Group basis and the implementation of operational reforms, we will aim to realize high productivity.